Stay Safe with Climbing Helmets and Gloves
Blacks Adventure Outfitters in Toronto offers an assortment of helmet and glove products that are designed specifically for use in rope access and climbing applications. These come with CSA and ANI ratings. The rope gloves are constructed with highly durable materials and have reinforced palms. Our helmets include the necessary clips so they will not fall off in the event of a sudden drop.
PMI® Advantage Helmet
For classic styling, maximum comfort and minimum impact, PMI® Advantage offers industrial Kevlar® head protection and plenty of detail-oriented comfort. Fully adjustable ratchet headband and straps make this the perfect helmet for almost any size of head. Meets NFPA 1951 as a Utility Technical Rescue Protective Helmet Standard.
- Fully Adjustable
- Three-Point Chinstrap
- Headlamp Retainer
- Goggle Mount
- Clips to Attach Earmuffs
- Size: One Size
- Sizing Info: Head Circumference: 52 - 64 cm
- Colour: Black
- Weight: 1 lb. 4.0 oz. (567 g)
- NFPA 1951
- EN 397
- AS/NZS 1801 (1997) Type 1 and 2
- ANSI Z89.1 | Type 1 Class G (2200v)
VERTEX® BEST Helmet with Unventilated Shell
With its strong chinstrap, the VERTEX® BEST helmet sets the standard in head protection. Its six-point textile suspension ensures maximum comfort, and its CenterFit adjustment system adjusts the headband and keeps the helmet centred on the head.
- Shock Absorption Achieved through Deformation of the Outer Shell
- Closed Shell Offers Protection Against Electrical Risk and Molten Metal Splash
- Strong Chinstrap (More than 50 daN) Limits the Risk of Losing the Helmet During a Fall
Very Comfortable to Wear
- Six-Point Textile Suspension Conforms Perfectly to the Shape of the Head
- CenterFit Adjustment System Adjusts the Headband and Keeps the Helmet Centred on the Head
- Comes with Two Sizes of Headband Foam
Four Headlamp Clips
- Sizing Info: Head Circumference: 53-63 cm
- Weight: 455 g
- Certification(s): CSA Z94.1-05 Type 1 Class E
- 397 and EN 12492 Standards for Impact Protection
- EN 397 and EN 50365 Standards for Electrical Insulation
- EN 397 Standard for Molten Metal Spray, Lateral Deformation and Use in Low Temperatures
The VERTEX® VENT is a comfortable, ventilated helmet for work at various heights and rescue procedures. With its strong chinstrap, the VERTEX® VENT helmet sets the standard in head protection for workers at height. It has ventilation holes with sliding shutters to allow the ventilation to be adjusted as needed. Its six-point textile suspension ensures maximum comfort, and its CenterFit adjustment system adjusts the headband and keeps the helmet centred on the head. The VERTEX® VENT is designed for optimal attachment of a PIXA or ULTRA VARIO headlamp, a VIZIR, VIZIR SHADOW or VIZEN protective shield, and hearing protection.
From the PETZL® website, you can find technical information and descriptions on the VERTEX® VENT.
The STRIX IR is a compact multi-mount tactical headlamp, with visible white, red, green, blue and infrared lighting modes. Headlamp with CONSTANT LIGHTING technology designed for military operations requiring maximum stealth during close-range operations and movement.
Find additional information on the PETZL® website.
The PIXA® 3 100-lumen, multi-beam headlamp is suitable for proximity lighting, movement and long-range vision, with CONSTANT LIGHTING technology. Rugged and versatile, its multi-beam adapts to all situations: close-range work, movement, and long-range vision. CONSTANT LIGHTING technology: brightness does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained. Depending on the need, it may be worn on the head, mounted on the helmet or placed on the ground. Available in ATEX or HAZLOC versions.
Read more about the PIXA® 3.
PMI® Rope Tech Gloves (Large)
Hand protection and finger dexterity at its best. This ultra-lightweight design is great for belaying, knot tying and other rigging work. It is not suitable hand protection for fast rope or other body rappel techniques.
- Synthetic Leather (Palm Base Layer)
- Cowhide Layer (Finger Wear Points and Palm)
- Ergonomically Shaped for Maximum Protection and Durability
- Two-Way Stretch Spandex on Top and Fingers for Greater Mobility and Breathability
- Elastic Cuff with Pull-Tab and Velcro® Closure
- Carabiner Loop Stores Inside for Snag-Free Operation
- Size: Large
- Sizing Info: Circumference: 8.75"- 9.50" Max Length: 8.0"
- Colour: Tan
- Weight: 9.1 oz. (258 g)
- Material: Synthetic Leather and Cowhide